Just putting it out there: if anyone ever wants help - debugging, problem-solving, tutoring, whatever - with the Linux CLI (bash/ksh93, GNU coreutils..., vi, emacs, sed, awk) and/or git, I'll help.
I won't make you feel bad for anything you don't already know. I promise. (Nobody ever should.)
I'll reiterate every once in a while. Boosts appreciated!
Just re-upping this offer: because being comfortable with git is a barrier to entry to many FS/OSS projects, and because I care deeply about lowering those barriers, I will tutor anyone who asks for help with git, and/or connect them with any mentor(s) they might prefer.
I'll do this while I put energy and work into making the tool more approachable, and into making better tools and learning paths.
Boosts gratefully appreciated.
@gnomon Hey Ben, a very generous offer which I'd like to accept. I need to know git for my own projects!
@the_englishman fantastic! What's your preferred comms medium?
@gnomon I'm quite adaptable/flexible, what's available? 😀
- there's always masto itself! Not great for longer-form comms and only so-so for interactive sessions but it definitely works.
- if you prefer trading longer messages, email works! I'm comfortable sharing my personal address via DM if you like.
- I'm on IRC! 'gnomon' on Freenode, plus some other networks; if you use that mechanism I'll come to wherever you usually idle.
- if you prefer voice comms I can call you.
- if you have other prefs I'll use those!
Welcome to thundertoot! A Mastodon Instance for 'straya