It’s #TDOR today, and I feel a little bad for not really knowing what to say. It’s funny that being just before my birthday, it’s the first thing that reminds me that I’m about to turn a year older.
I guess I’d just ask each cis person reading this to read/watch/listen to at least one detailed autobiographical piece by a trans person today. I don’t think it’s much to ask. Let your remembering be in learning and empathy of the lived experience, not just hearing names and dates of death.
Help me identify this sci-fi novel!
- I read it as a paperback in the late 90s. It was on the new arrivals shelf at my local library
- Male author, I'm pretty sure. I dunno if it's someone notable or not.
- Main premise involves a human who studies other planets' cultures & uses some future tech that allows him to change his body so it's just like the ones of the alien culture.
- He does that repeatedly. There might be risks from this?
- In the end, rather than going to back to his human form, he decides to make his body a fusion of parts from the various cultures.
- Maybe he kinda takes a hoop-like shape and rolls away??
I've been trying to figure this out for yearsssss!
I think a large proportion of Aus voters don't believe government has the ability to effect change, to a large degree. They don't think the gov can do much to improve the economy, they don't think social programs work, and so on. So even if they agree our society should be a certain way, efforts to make it so would be ineffective, so don't try.
Wow, just had the Pirates/Greens pick through my EU parliament presentation slides with a fine tooth comb in a phone call and try to get me to change what I’m saying so as not to criticise Facebook, etc. WTF?
Never had anyone try to censor what I say before. Of course I will speak my mind verbatim tomorrow and if anything this means I won’t be accepting any future speaking engagements at the EU parliament for these parties.
Joiner and leaver of social networks. Constant dog walker. AQF10. Has 1.9 thumbs.
Welcome to thundertoot! A Mastodon Instance for 'straya